Skip to main content

A Challenge!


I was reading a few blogs the other day when I happened to come across a badge mentioning something about an AtoZ Blogging Challenge. The curious me went on to click and reach their site.

 Ahha! Now that’s really a challenge, especially for someone like me. I am a person who works at a computer for a large share during the day, reaches home way past the sun has gone home and I really loathe having to stare at the computer screen for even another minute in the day, even TV is a big no no for me. There’s a limit to how much I can put up with a bright screen with numbers, alphabets and images. I’d rather sneak away to someplace that soothes my nerves or snuggle into that seat by the window with a few cushions and a nice book to read.

So, coming back to this challenge I found, it requires me to do a blog post every day through April. Simple? Well, not so simple. As per the name, it needs to be on the theme of alphabets, on the first of April the post I make needs to be at least vaguely related to the alphabet A, on the second, B.. you get the hang of it. Without second thoughts I signed up for the challenge, for this would make me committed to writing more. All I do these days is, when and if I find time I write; whereas the truth is, I am in love with writing. I am hoping this challenge will put me on the right track to write more. Also, my secret fear is whether I would be able to meet the challenge. Well, lets hope I will.

Keeping my fingers crossed!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online?

She smiled as she read the chat. ‘Online?’ Just one word, yet, it made her smile. While typing out a yes, she wondered whether or not to add a smiley to go along with it… whether just the yes would sound rude to this overtly polite guy, or would the smiley give him an impression that she was anxiously waiting for his message. She chided herself for not having been active in the dating game in her younger days so she would know the nuances on how to, what to and what not to by now. To her dismay, he found Milan to be a very nice guy, who spoke and behaved well, she felt quite comfortable around him. After lunch, they went to the nearby park and from there chose to walk back till her apartment. On their way back, Milan asked her if she enjoyed the afternoon with him, though she answered a simple ‘it was fine’, her smile revealed a lot more and he caught the twinkle in her eyes and smiled back. That cute boyish grin, again. Something happened to her when he smiled at

Phone Number

The early morning sun rays kissed her good morning, and she woke up with a smile. Something told her it was going to be a beautiful day. She finished her early morning tasks and offered prayers and thanks to her Lord. Her mum and dad had called promptly in the morning to ask how the meeting went, whether she has taken a decision about Milan, what food she had ordered, her mother hoped she had worn a ‘decent’ dress and asked her again if she made a good impression on him. Frankly, Asha had no clue how to answer to all these queries. She said that they had a good time together, had lunch and an interesting conversation on their way back. Her mother sounded excited when she told her that Milan had come to drop her back home. She could almost imagine her mom’s eyebrows arching up in excitement. It was then that her mom asked her, “So, did you like him?” Now that, was a difficult question. She liked him, yes. But what her mom wanted to know was not whether she liked him or no

Noodles, Nimbu Paani & A Nice Guy

“Hi! I am Milan” Asha shook hands with the guy and stuttered, “I’m Asha” and managed a weak attempt at smiling. “Please, please sit. Can I get you some water, something to drink?” Asha shook her head, giving Milan a no for an answer. As she sat down, she wondered, Milan ehh, how come nobody told her. The waiter brought the menu cards and Milan was engrossed in it.  She knew what she would order and waited for him to pick his dish, meanwhile she sized him up. For a malayali guy, he was above average in looks, bordered on being handsome, tall, wheatish complexion, a lean face with a sharp nose.  He glanced up to look for the waiter, instead caught her looking, maybe even staring at him. Asha quickly looked away and there was the faint trace of a blush on her cheeks. He smiled and called for the waiter. When the guy came to get their order, Milan indicated Asha to go ahead and she promptly ordered egg noodles. Milan looked surprised and told the waiter,&